It’s not easy being a stranger in a strange land. Immigrants must deal with language barriers, cultural differences, perhaps even educational disadvantages. Through Federation your contributions make their journey easier.
Over 50,000 Russian Jewish immigrants live in the Bay Area – all beneficiaries of the JCF. From education programs that help immigrant families integrate with their new surroundings, to social, cultural, and religious activities that bring them closer to their Jewish heritage, all the way to helping elderly immigrants get their US citizenship, the Federation supports the process of Jewish immigrant assimilation into our Bay Area community.
- JCF' Russian Division
- Jewish Community Federation Institute (JCFI) Jewish Education Program
- Russian Young Adult Speaker Series
Other Programs We Help Fund:
- Hunger Relief in the FSU
- My Jewish Discovery – educational, social, religious, and cultural activities for families
- Russian Education & Engagement – integrating Russian Jews through education, leadership development, and young adult engagement
- Elderly Refugee Citizenship Services