New Go-to Website for Jewish Life in the Bay Area Launched at SF-based Jewish Community Federation
SAN FRANCISCO - August 3, 2010. In an effort to build and strengthen our local and world-wide community, the Jewish Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin & Sonoma Counties has launched a state-of-the art, interactive new website that helps remove barriers to Jewish engagement - www.jewishfed.org
“Our new website will function as an online kehilla
, a nucleus of Jewish life, making it easier for people to join our community, find ways to participate, take action and make an impact,” said Jennifer Gorovitz, Federation CEO. “The site gives a first-hand experience on how we catalyze innovative programs and services, foster leadership, and construct funding strategies that provide vital resources for individuals, family and community needs locally, in Israel and world-wide.”
Some of the site’s new features include:
- Meeting people with similar interests: Learn more about networking, get involved in an interactive community forum, attend a group event and make new friends.
- Viewing our Jewish community calendar: See all the events happening in the community, volunteer, post an event or find one in your area.
- Reading our blog: Get up-to-the-minute news on what's happening at the Federation, and read about issues in our local community and world-wide.
- Searching the community guide: Find the information you’re looking for in the Jewish yellow pages.
- Seeing how and who we help: Read how donor dollars make a local and global impact by viewing the people we help and the programs we support.
- Joining us on Facebook or Twitter: Get connected by following the Federation on Facebook and Twitter.
The Federation is proud and excited to have this valuable resource and powerful tool. This website will be a platform for engaging our next generation as well as showcasing our significant collective efforts in caring for the basic well-being of fellow human beings (tzedakah) and enacting our communal responsibility to help repair the world (tikkun olam).
The Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties works to protect and enhance Jewish life in our community. Through fundraising, strategic planning and grantmaking, we care for those in need, strengthen and secure the safety of the Jewish people, and foster Jewish renaissance at home, in Israel and around the world.
For more information please contact:
Angela Ingel, Marketing & Communications Director Angelai@sfjcf.org, 415.512.6246
Jim Offel, Chief Operations Officer JimO@sfjcf.org, 415.512.6428